Richmond boasts some of the best food in the country. Its a glorious fusion from various specialty foods, southern comfort classics, to culture-inspired creations; it's truly a Foodie's paradise!
Here is a quick Highlight of some of tastiest delights to be found in Richmond VA!
1) "In typical French-brasserie style, Can Can is open all day serving homemade breads and pastries for breakfast, and the ever-popular moules frites, among other French classics, for dinner. Also, a full oyster bar."
2) For fresh Southern-style, check out: Belle. From their website: "We believe in sourcing and serving food that is delicious, locally responsible, and appeals to various diets and allergies while still keeping our prices fair. We want you to have a good time, so we have amazing craft cocktails and daily happy hour. Come on by."
3) "Mama J's is a neighborhood restaurant based on the family tradition of going to grandma’s for Sunday dinner. Our goal is to combine great southern food with outstanding service in a relaxing atmosphere. We prepare our food fresh daily on site, everything from pan fried catfish to candied yams & macaroni & cheese to homemade cakes & cobblers. The Mama J’s experience is designed to take you back to a simpler time where family gatherings were commonplace and everyone looked forward to them because of the food and fellowship. Come experience it for yourself and let us know what you think. Welcome Home!"
4) "Perly's is a modern Jewish restaurant and delicatessen appetizing since 2014. The eats include a full smoked fish selection, soups and salads, breakfast, eastern european inspired dinners, a deli section with specialties such as pastrami and tongue, a cocktail selection and wine on tap. It's Yiddish for delicious!"
5) For "American cuisine in the heart of Jackson Ward", look no further than Lucy's Restaurant. From their website: "Lucy’s serves lunch, dinner, and brunch on the weekends and guests can look forward to daily specials, a full complement bar, wine by the glass or bottle, and draft or bottled beer."
6) And for dessert, you must stop by the local favorite: Sugar Shack Donuts which "offers donuts, pastries, cheesecakes, biscuits, rolls, and coffee. Vegan and gluten free donuts will also be on the menu."
Looking to taste Richmond's local flavor? You'll find restaurants specific to our ...